1. If we just dilated to 20 cm instead of 10, wouldn't that make the whole thing easier?
2. Ariella has stopped calling the baby "it." During his first week of life, Ariella found it hard to transition from all those months of referring to the baby as "it" to now referring to the baby as "he." Don't get me wrong, "it" was meant in a loving, big-sisterly way, not a scary, Stephen King-y way.
"Look Mommy, it's scratching its face!"
"I think it just made again!" (That was a popular one.)
It was like instead of a little boy, Mommy had brought home an exotic pet iguana. But now that Nadav has a proper name, he has regained human status and is either referred to as "Nadav" or "Nadavoosh."
(However, the sentiments remain the same. "Look Mommy, Nadav is scratching his face!" "Ooh, Mommy, Nadav just made again!")
3. When Ariella wrote "Punja," she spelled it like this: PUNG'A. Is that girl Israeli or what??
4. I hate hate hate hate baby books. I never remember to write down all those cute things the kids do, then I feel guilty for not writing in it because when they get older Ariella will want to know why there's nothing written about her after she turned four, Yaakov will want to know why there's nothing after he turned two, and Nadav will want to know why I couldn't be bothered to at least write his name on the book. Oy the guilt. Then I'll tell them to read the blog, where I recorded all their cute goings-on, but they might not appreciate some of the entries about them, and I think they will especially resent the name of my book on child-rearing, and then we'll all have to trudge out to therapy at night, when I really just want to be in my pajamas eating ice cream and watching something, though not Lost, because that has now ended, and I have to say, even though I hated the finale at first, it's kind of growing on me and I've made peace with it.
See what I'm saying? Me neither.
5. For those of you wanting to know aliyahbyaccident's opinion on the Flotilla of Fun (which I have been keeping up with via my favorite news source, www.facebook.com) ....well, then, you probably haven't been reading this blog very long because otherwise you would know that I rarely comment on Unfunny Things. However, you can read very intelligent and interesting viewpoints on the blogs of some of my esteemed bloggy friends: One Tired Ema, Baila, and A Mother in Israel.
Extra Credit: Since I just put Nadav in his crib, under his mobile thingy, in order to finish this post, do you think I should change the name of my book on child-rearing? "Leave Me Alone so I Can Finish This Blog"? Opinions?
Pesach for the Rest of Us – Part 1
3 days ago