Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well. I was going to blog about a traumatic school books experience, but that seems so two weeks ago. The trauma is still continuing, due to the unfortunate combination of me needing books + book stores not having books + publishers unsure if they will even print the books. But it's a less intense trauma, since now I've simply accepted that there won't be books, and that's that.

Then I was going to write a post about how to make the perfect round challah, except that I don't ever bake challah.

Then I thought about writing something inspiring and spiritual, but then I remembered this isn't that kind of blog.

So!

Before this Eat, Pray, Eat fest begins (and yes, let's be honest, it starts tomorrow), I will take my head out of my freezer (I spend a lot of time there, trying to rearrange Existing Things so New Things will fit, and ohmigod why is there so much damn frozen pita in here) and wish all my Readers a shana tova, filled with health and happiness, of course, but also quality ice cream, minimal doctor visits, plenty of coffee, friends you can dump your kids with last minute when something Unexpected comes up (Momz--I see the joke coming a mile away), days that your spouse comes home early, speedy Internet, very many "Awww, my kids are so cute!" moments and very few "AHHHHH my kids are insane monsters!" moments, paired-up socks, warm chocolate chip cookies, naps, at least a few times when you think you're going to die laughing, merrily humming appliances ... and people you love (or very much like) to enjoy it all with.

Did I miss anything? Shana tova!



4 comments:

miriamp said...

Wow, that is just a b'racha shleimah! You covered everything! May your year be like that as well. I can't even think of anything to add.

SaraK said...

Shana Tova, Rose's! Amen, amen. I will add one more bracha. Easy word verifications in Blogger.

Lanie said...

Perfect list Gila! Shanah Tova!

charles said...

I like a lot this nice job of us.
car wreck