Thursday, November 8, 2012

Actual Thing That Happened To Me

So we've discussed my memory problems before. At least, I think we have.

Here's a new story for the annals:

Scene: I am in the kitchen, slicing apples for Yaakov's lunch.

[Open drawer.] Hmmm, no plastic sandwich bags left. Lemme go to the cabinet in the laundry room to get another box.

[Walk to laundry room. As I open cabinet, I see the stuff sitting in the washer.]

Oh, whoops, I never switched this laundry before. I'll put it in the dryer now.

[Switch laundry. Turn to leave laundry room.]

[Annoyed.] Geeze, who left this cabinet door open! I could have hurt myself!

[Back in kitchen, faced with Yaakov's apples.]

Hmmm, no plastic sandwich bags left. Lemme go to the cabinet in the laundry - OHHH!!! [Plastic bags. Door left open. It allll comes together. Is it too late for another cup of coffee?]

7 comments:

MOMZWIFEOFDADZ said...

I am laughing WITH you right now. WITH you.

Eliana said...

I can totally relate to the memory loss--spending time on-line is only making it worse :)

tesyaa said...

THE story of my life....

Kathleen said...

Also the story of my life....

JerusalemStoned said...

Coffee helps EVERYTHING. there is always more time for another cuppa.

Unknown said...

But OF COURSE. I can't walk 2 feet in my house without something triggering a reminder of what else needs to be done. Just the walk from the dogs' water bowel to the sink (5 meters)usually sets me off track at least 3 times -- it's a miracle that the dogs haven't died of dehydration by now.

charles said...

Thank you I am glad about the encouragement! I love your site, you post outstanding.
cerebral palsy