Today is DADZ's 60th birthday! I know, he doesn't look a day over 59. Make sure to leave him a birthday message in the comments section; naturally, COMMENTS SHOULD BE WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS, AS A TRIBUTE TO DADZ "I DON'T LIKE TO PRESS 'SHIFT'" LEIBTAG.
Anyway, in honor of 60 years, here are 60 things we love about DADZ:
1. He sends us magazines.
2. He's funny.
3. He's unintentionally funny, which is even funnier.
4. He plays Chutes and Ladders with Yaakov.
5. He's not afraid to admit when he is wrong. For example, growing up, we were never allowed to get cable because, in Dadz's words, "Cable is crap." Now that the children have left home, the 'rents have the most cabley cable you can imagine. Every show that is on the air, including "Xtreme Toenail Clipping" is available for Momz and Dadz's viewing pleasure. Dadz admitted to me, "I made a mistake. It's not cable that's crap. It's network television that's crap."
I would like a redo of my childhood. Well, not the gelled hair and red glasses. Just the TV-watching segments.
6. He loves his in-law children. To the point that sometimes I feel like I'm the one who married into the family.
7. He's always game for an outing - water park, hike, even food shopping is an adventure with Dadz.
8. He thoroughly enjoys showing off about his kids and grandkids. It's very cute.
9. He can nap Nadav under the table. He could probably nap under the table, too.
60. He always makes sure to call us. Even if he has nothing to talk about. He just likes to say hey.
Wow, we made it to 60! Amazing! And we could keep going, too!
So Dadz, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
WITH LOVE, THE STAFF OF ALIYAHBYACCIDENT
11 Food Processor Tips for Bakers
4 weeks ago