Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hello! We're down here, under all the matzah!

Oh Loyal Readers, we at aliyahbyaccident have not abandoned you. We are just buried under the crunchy stuff. And eggs. LOTS of eggs. And intense Family Fun.

We hope to extricate ourselves soon, and regale you with the exhilarating tales of charoset, dead car batteries, Momz and DADZ, defying the rain, and more.

For now, I will leave you with just one thought.

I am not one of those people who's all like, Living in Israel is perfect! America is a terrible place to live!

I mean, I like a lot of things about America. Those baby carrots. Chex. Free banking. And English.

But I am so very, very, very happy for only one day of chag. Very very happy. Especially for only one seder. Very very very happy. Kind of makes up for having to do the Ashkenazi Kitniot Squint. And even though less chag means less time to squeeze in all of our Favorite Pesach Treats, it's a compromise I'm willing to make.

Anyway, now we are going to try and stick one last Family Fun Outing in between the final cooking and chag prep. Enjoy your last day(s)!

4 comments:

Shani Berger said...

I agree completely! the one day chag/one seder thing is great! chag sameach.

Kathleen said...

Glad you're having fun under all that matzah!

OneTiredEma said...

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Of course.

SaraK said...

I have been dreaming of keeping one day of chag for years. I will probably do a happy dance on Sukkot. I think it's 85% of the reason why I'm making aliyah :)