So while being knee-deep in Pesach preparations, I thought we could have a Top Ten Things We Love About Pesach List, in order to get our energy up for the next three weeks.
So here goes:
Pesach, Pesach, You're My Chag! I Will Praise You On My Blog!
1. Matza and butter. Really, this is like 1-9, but I won't get carried away.
2. Donny's matza cereal. Don't even need to add heaping tablespoons of sugar, it's just that good.
3. Fried matza. (This will be the last food one.)
4. Listening to Ariella sing the mah nishtanah.
5. Singing "Echad Mi Yodea" with the tune that only the Leibtags know but we foist upon all of our guests because we can't have a seder without it, and by the end they're thumping the table with us.
6. All of the fun, once-a-year, Pesach dishes you get to haul out.
7. Donny: First taste of matza. (We won't go into what we all feel about the last taste.) And especially, Korech sandwich, "I look forward to it all year long!" says Donny, "Mmmmm! The matza, maror, charoses! Mmmmm!" (Apparently, I lied re my earlier promise. See #3.)
8. The Big Yearly Debate: Can you eat the Pesach rolls on erev Pesach? Is it considered matza? (I believe we paskined that since the matza meal is boiled, it's A-OK to eat, but we still enjoy the heated arguments.)
9. It seems, in fact, that there are few things we enjoy that are NOT food, which is odd, considering that we spend most of the week saying, "I'm soooo huuuunnngggrrryyyy!!!!"
10. Watching Dadz devour fifteen boxes of the "good" egg kichel - all before chol hamoed.
What about you? Share with us your Favorite Pesach Thing, or Things. Kosher for Pesach Poofahs will be awarded!